Moms are busy people. That goes without saying and to accomplish all that you need to do in a day it’s important that you have a sustainable and steady flow of energy. So how is your energy level?
On a scale of 1-10, what is your current energy level? How has your physiology been lately? How do you feel? Have you had the energy levels to significantly move you forward in the direction you want to go?
Most people operate at about a 5, but you deserve to be at an 8 or 9. Your spouse and children deserve you to be at an 8 or 9 or higher. If you’re lacking sustained energy, then it’s time to generate the energy you need, for fulfilling your purpose and I’m not talking about caffeine boosts or power drinks.
Generating good energy should be one of your top goals. Having sufficient energy to get through your day, accomplishing your goals and having enough left over to also enjoy your family is paramount to living a balanced life. Now let’s explore how to generate a healthy energized body.
CLICK TO TWEET! Here’s today’s tweetable:
The practices I’m sharing with you are not rocket science and you don’t have to have a degree in biology to understand what’s happening at the cellular level to feel better and experience remarkable results. I call them practices because it’s something that needs to be practiced on a daily basis. That’s right, they may be common knowledge but the real question is, “Are they common practice?”
3 Practices to Generate More Energy
- Stay active. This means moving daily by doing a workout with weights or yoga then taking a 20-30 minute walk at the beginning of your day. Then take another walk for 20-30 minutes after dinner. (Psst, this walk after dinner will help you digest food better and sleep more restful. Which means you’ll wake feeling better.)
- Eat earlier and eat less. One quick step is to reduce your portions and stop eating right before bed. This means using a smaller bowl or smaller plate when you dish up your meal. Over eating or slows down the body processes. You know that dragging feeling when you’ve eaten too much. By making dinner your last meal of the day (no snacking before bed) followed by an evening walk will help you finish out the day healthier.
- Get enough sleep. I know, you’ve heard this one before, but why are you not doing it? Sleep is the beginning of health. Ample sleep will help you lose weight easier because the body isn’t in survival mode holding onto and storing fat. Research has proven time and time again that getting enough regular sleep slows down the aging process. Let’s face it, as moms we lose a lot of sleep with little ones waking and then trying to keep up with our responsibilities. But it’s time now that we value ourselves enough to get the sleep we need so we can generate energy and be more fully present with our family and in all that we do.
There are countless other ways to generate energy, but I wanted to give you the top three practices that will make the greatest difference. If you will work on these three simple practices and make them habit, you’ll see marked improvement.
Mom Inspired to Action:
- Decide today what exercises you will do daily and then schedule it. Create a rule for yourself to support you successfully accomplishing it. My rule is when I slide out of bed in the morning I slide right into my sneakers and its workout time, then a walk and then my day can start. Make it happen.
- Schedule dinner for five or six in the evening then take a walk either on your own, with your spouse or the family. You’ll be glad you did.
- Schedule your sleep. When you use up more of today by staying up late you are really robbing from tomorrow. Get to bed, it’s a good thing to wake refreshed and energized. If you don’t have enough time in your schedule for a good night’s rest it’s time to drop other things. This is an important one moms!
I must tell you, I’m not a doctor, I don’t practice medicine and I’ve never played a doctor on television. [Big grin] You’re smart and know to consult your medical/health practitioner regarding your health and exercise. I’m a mom just like you sharing what I’ve learned, practiced as a lifestyle and successfully trained other moms in, creating excellent results.
Let’s support each other Moms! What ways have you found to generate the most sustained energy?
Please share by leaving a comment below on my blog. Do you need help getting started or sticking to a plan? Did you find a way that really helped you that you can share with other moms?
Thank you for sharing this path and leaving your wisdom to inspire other mothers and leaving questions if you’d like more support.
Peace and love,
About Donna Vail
Donna Vail, Education and Parenting Specialist, is founder of An Inspired Education and the Mentor Mastery Inner Circle, the proven step-by-step program dedicated to maximizing the success in the human potential through homeschooling and life mastery for the whole family. She creates educational programs for homeschool children, “after-school” study programs for public schooled children and personal development for moms, while homeschooling her five children. Get free tips and resources from Donna Vail at: www.donnavailinternational.com